Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Whaaaaaa!!!

I feel like a big baby going to the ER for back pain but O M G!!! I've had a baby and didn't feel anything like this.

I picked up Sprout in the middle of the night and walked in to the living room.  I was just about to put Sprout down when my middle of the back completely seized up.  I felt like I couldn't breathe and was utterly paralyzed--probably from the excruciating pain and because I was terrified I would drop the baby.

Jake rushed out after I screamed and quickly grabbed Sprout.  I was a blubbering mess and in total denial about what was happening. 

After arguing that a heat pad would miraculously cure the pain for about a half hour, I gave in and went to the ER.  

I just hate going to the ER.  I guess I feel silly, but the doctor was great.  He made me feel better and said that people don't realize how severe back pain can be and that I would only get better with medication.  

So, here is my diagnosis--thoracic spine strain.  Hurts like a son of a bitch and I hope I feel better ASAP so I can get back to jogging and most of all, hold my baby!!  

Anyone else throw out their back?  How long to recover?  Any spiffy tricks on how to get it to relax and stop the spasms?  

I feel so lame!  I was supposed to do day 2 of week 4 of Couch to 5K.  That's definitely a no go today!

No comments:

Post a Comment