Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

There and Back Again....

I think most people who have struggled with weight have felt "there and back again."  We lose the weight, then start to slack off and return to our old ways, only to realize that we nearly gained it all back or gained it all and then some. 

Luckily for me, this time, I didn't gain it ALL back!!  Woot!  Small victory for me!

I didn't really diet that much in high school.  One summer I lost about 40 lbs in 3 months due to getting up at the crack of dawn and walking and then restricting my calorie intake to like something crazy  below 1200 or even lower.  Obviously, it wasn't something I could maintain.  I went to school in the fall thinking everyone would notice.  No one did, or if they did, didn't say anything.  So....slowly I went back to eating crap.  

I did pretty good though I think in high school, a whole 13 years ago!  EEK!  I pretty much kept my weight at 180, which according to the BMI chart with my height, I was only 10 pounds overweight or so.  I look back and think, damn!  I was hot and didn't realize it!  Grrrr!  Too bad I wore the worst clothes for my body type, tried to hide my boobs and didn't know how to style my crazy hair. I was a mess!! 

In college, I was still active since the University was a walking campus.  I did eat like crap, but since I was so busy, busy (and I didn't drink), I kept the weight at bay.  Then in late 2002 I had a car accident that left me wheelchair bound for a few months.  I had a right broken ankle and my left collar bone was snapped in two.  Not fun!  Tons of pain and torturous therapy.  And guess what...  

I gained weight.

Not just like 10 pounds, like probably 30-40 pounds of weight.

When I was able to get out of the wheelchair and get the boot of my right foot, I tried to wear my old jeans.  Uhhhhh yeah.  They didn't come close to fitting.  I tried to put on my old bra and shazam!  The damn thing nearly broke cause I was so huge!

See...the trick is, don't wear ELASTIC PANTS!!!  Because I was in such a predicament, my mom had the awesome idea of having me wear those swooshy pants everyone was wearing back then cause it was comfortable and easy for me to put on without being in too much pain.  It really was a great idea at the time, but then I didn't walk for like 2 months and wow, does that make you gain weight!!

So, after gaining a ton of weight, I probably lost 10 lbs easily when I started walking again, but my ankle did not heal well so I had excruciating pain in my right foot.  I'll save those fun stories for another day, but long story short, I was as active as I could be but still ate crap.  Crap, crap and more crap.  

Fast forward to 2008 and I finally woke up and started losing the weight.  I lost around 30 pounds and a lot of people noticed.  I felt pretty damn good about myself and met my now husband.  

And....then....we at DQ, McD's, Jack in the Box, and every other kind of junkie, nasty fast, food possible.  And we both gained weight.  It was not fun and pretty stupid.  What a waste of money!!

Fast forward to 2012 and we lost the weight and looked hot to trot.  I got pregnant (cause I looked so good, wink wink) and for nearly the first 6 months of the pregnancy I didn't gain a thing.  Then I had a Coke and it was all down hill.  Whaaa, whaaa.....

Now it's the summer of 2013.  Baby is here, Daddy is going to school while working and I'm ready to get fit, active and healthy again.  I truly don't believe in diets, so this blog will all about changing my habits, taking my own advice, advice from others and giving you updates on what works, what doesn't and in general my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment