Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

More than just getting healthy...

This blog is more than just all about me getting fit and healthy so I can keep up with the totally cute, adorable, fantastic, awesome, beyond amazing Sprout.

It's also about making the RIGHT decisions in my life.

My husband is going to college to get his BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing).  

It's a HUGE deal, but it also means we are gobbling up more debt.

It's not fun, but we feel it's necessary so he'll be more satisfied at a job.  He's passionate about the field and I think he'll be great in it.

I've hinted on Facebook that I am truly excited about some changes.  So I'm finally getting around to writing about it ;o)

Well, not only are we getting healthy in a nutritious way, but we are getting healthy financially.

I stumbled upon Dave Ramsey - google him now! - and wow!  Just in a few days I already feel like our lives have changed.

 
I read his book and sat down with the hubs and we made our first REAL budget.

I feel kinda stupid because I always did have a budget, or so I thought, but my eyes were opened when I had to allocate every single dime in Ramsey's Zero Budget.  Holy crap we wasted money on stupid shit.

Needless to say, it's going to be tough.  But it's going to be worth it.  It's going to suck come Christmas time when I can't buy everything in the world for the people I love, but they will love it when in a few years, I'll be able to treat them to some nice things because I won't have to rob Peter to pay Paul.

I'm just looking forward to seeing my very first student loan ever be paid off vs. waiting until 2030 as it suggests.  I would be 48 years old if I kept paying on my student loans as I am today.  Dude - that's 'old'!  

So long story short, I'm pumped!!  I've already had a challenge by going to Costco and NOT buying Sprout clothes or trying something scrumptious from the freezer aisle.  It was hard to say NO, but I did it!  I'll have to post more about this as we go through the steps Ramsey sets out in his book.  Just like losing weight, there will be some fails, maybe even epic fails, but as the saying goes 'fall 7 times, get back up 8'.




No comments:

Post a Comment