Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

A funny thing happened this weekend...

I'm so pumped to write about this weekend!

A few things happened that seriously rocked my world!

#1 - I had my best workout in the Couch to 5K program yet.  Sad thing is that my dang phone died about midway through...whomp, whomp...  So I have no idea what my actual stats were.  However, I still completed workout 3 of week 3 because I knew the distances I was supposed to be able to achieve during the time intervals.  And guess what?!?!  I ROCKED IT!  

Like, I seriously did!  (Okay, valley girl, settle down!)  I don't think I've jogged a full 1/4 mile since probably high school or roughly 13 years ago.  So for me to be able to do it not just once, but twice was freaking fantastic.  

I've also totally realized that I am scared shitless of jogging more than a quarter of a mile at one time.  My head is already telling me that I won't make it and that I'll fail, my ankle will give out, blah blah blah.  Well guess what!  I probably will suck it up the first few times, but that's OKAY.  I realize now that the Couch to 5K program isn't about mastering every workout, it's about seeing improvement.  If you struggle with one week, do it again!  

My awesome view working out early Saturday

#2 - Even though I'm not seeing a big poundage loss (I've actually been trying since June to lose weight so that's why 3.8lbs isn't really blowing up my skirt if you know what I mean), I'm finally seeing it in my clothes.

Saturday we were off to visit my friends and visit my college alma mater.  I, of course, was stressing over clothes cause I didn't want to feel super fat, especially since it might be pretty ripe with humidity that day.  And I tried on some pants that had previously been snug and they were...wait for it....wait for it....LOOSE!  Not like falling down loose, but loose enough I had to wear super cute underwear so if I bent over in public they wouldn't see plain whitey tighties.  Yes, that's how my mind thinks....

This totally made my day and boosted my confidence.  I'm really enjoying these tiny victories that will lead up to the BIG victory.

#3 - I always swore that when I had children that I would still have my own 'life'.  I didn't want my child to be all consuming and therefore I forget who I am, I lose all my friends, my marriage goes in the tank, etc etc etc....

And having lunch with some girlfriends on Friday made me realize my child is the center of my world right now and that does NOT mean that everything else goes down the drain.  

I'm still me :o)  I still love my husband and make time for 'us'.  I still go out with my friends and visit people.  And I'm quite content and actually pretty dang happy about it all.  

I think what's helping me, is that:

A) I pack pretty light compared to other parents. 

B)  I've always told myself that I'd include my child in whatever I could - hence him flying to Atlanta, GA with us in a couple of weeks.  He LOVES visiting people right now and seeing different things.  Granted, this will eventually change and he'll want to cling to Mom and Dad - every kid goes through that stage, but we'll deal with it and he'll be better for being so out and about.  

C)  Even though Sprout is pretty much the center of my world, he's the center of my world WITH my husband.  We both love watching him, interacting with him and sharing those private moments away from everyone where he looks up and you know he just KNOWS you are his Mommy.  LOVE!

But having lunch with my friends did open my eyes to the fact that DUH! - I'm not single any more and I have a family.  It still hasn't sunk in.....

I love it when he falls asleep on me!

Thanks for reading!

Spoonful of Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment