Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday #2

Pretty Strong Medicine

Linking up with Heather from Pretty Strong Medicine and her gals, Amy, Bailey and Ash!

HOT DOG!!

I was pretty happy with what the scale said this morning!

Here are my stats:

Current Weight:  271.6
Previous Weigh-In:  274.4
Week's Loss:  2.8 lbs!
Total Loss:  6.6 lbs!

My little mini-goal in my head was to get out of the 270's by the time I head to Atlanta which is next week Friday.  I am hoping I can drop at least 1.7lbs so I'll at least be 269.9.

I don't know why the 270's bother me so much since I've actually been heavier.  I lost weight before my pregnancy because I nearly got to 290 - very scary as that meant if I did get pregnant at that point, I'd 100% be over 300 lbs by the time I had Sprout.  It wasn't going to happen, hence my call to action.  

So what am I doing right and what am I still needing to work on?

Portion Control - Guess what ya'll - I.  Eat.  Out.  Not a lot, but it happens, especially on the weekends.  I know I'm not great at picking the most healthy thing at a restaurant so I always challenge myself to NOT eat it ALL.  Even if that means just eat half my sandwich or cut down the number of slices of pizza I would normally eat.  Every little change helps in my book and as I become comfortable, I will stretch myself to try healthier choices.

Working Out - Dude, I am rocking this!  I'm uber committed to this Couch to 5K thing.  I am repeating week 3 as I was feeling very uncomfortable jogging a full 3 minutes and week 4 has me jogging 5.  I've realized the heat and humidity does have something to do with my endurance so looking to try to work out when it's cooler.  Unfortunately, Missouri weather is highly unpredictable.  This morning it is GORGEOUS - nice and cool with a wonderful breeze.  Yesterday - hot, sticky, gross, but very pretty.  I can never tell if I should workout in the morning or in the evening.  For now, I'm sticking with the AM.  I feel better the rest of the day when I get a morning workout in.


Dude - I'm a sweaty mess right here.  I always feel so ugly when working out :o(

Weekends - This is where I struggle.  Every weekend we have something going on that involves eating out.  Yes, I am portion controlling, but I'd really like to learn how to make healthier choices and avoid eating out when it's not an absolute must.  Sunday we went shopping and it happened to fall into lunch time.  Instead of just waiting an extra 20 minutes to get home, we stopped and got some fast food.  Granted, smaller portions so a minor win, but still--fast food!  Ick!  Trying to get away from that!!  

Meal Plans - I'm totally sucking here.  I was reading Pretty Strong Medince's post on food wasting and I am a total food waster!!!  It's got to stop.  Not only is it good money going down the drain, but by not having a solid meal plan, it's causing us to fall back into old ways when we are in a pinch.  Not good!

So here's my goals this next week:

#1 - Eat out only once for Father-in-law's Bday Party at an awesome Mexican Place!  Yum!

#2 - Make a meal plan and stick to it.  I've been considering challenging myself to only spend like $30-40 a week on groceries - does not include diapers/formula.  Anyone do this before?  I've been pinning like mad trying to come up with recipes I could do this with....

#3 - Try a new food!  I've been eating Whips! Strawberry Mist yogurt and I think it's time I try the real fruit.  Yes, that's right, I don't eat Strawberries.  I remember my grandma trying to get me to eat them by dipping them in sugar, but I was such a picky eater when I was a kid that it was a no go.  Well, it's time to give them a whirl!


Photo from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

Hit me up with some food ideas everyone - how do you save on your grocery bills?  Any tips/tricks to creating a meal plan for the week?  





No comments:

Post a Comment