Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

I'm back in action!

Seems like it's been forever since I've blogged!!

A lot has happened since then so I'll try to make it as short as possible.

Went to ATL, came home, the end.

Ha, okay I'll give you more details than that...

Jake, Sprout and I were going to Athens, GA to watch one of my husband's great friends get married.  I was excited!!!  Totally pumped!  Our first family vacation!  I had it perfectly planned.

Which as soon as I said I had it perfectly planned, it pretty much meant it was shot to shit.

Friday, we were to fly out at 930am.  Now, being that we've never flown with a baby before, we got to the airport extra early.  We were comfortably sitting at our gate at 8am.  At about 830am, we realized our flight was delayed by 45 minutes...which ended up turning into a roughly 4 hour delay.  This also meant we'd be landing smack dab in the middle of Friday night, rush-hour traffic in Atlanta, GA.  NOT MY CUP OF TEA!  Bye-bye, oh so perfect plan!

I will give the Delta crew credit; I've never seen a plane be boarded, up in the air, and then taxi'd to a gate in Atlanta so fast.  Bless them for trying to hurry it up!

Sprout did freaking awesome.  Plane didn't bother him a bit.  I, however, had the cold from hell and my nose would NOT.STOP.RUNNING!!!

Once we got to Atlanta, minus the traffic and a little oops with the Maps app on the iPhone, we were on our way to Athens, GA.  Sprout did terrific but once we were in the hotel room, he was ready to not be held, sitting, or messed with in any other fashion.  That boy wanted to play!

Saturday I woke up feeling much better.  We did our thing in Athens and went to the wedding.  I had a ton of fun and it was beautiful!  Totally what I thought a picture perfect Southern wedding would look like.  And there was a photo booth!  Score!


My skin looks great in those photos!

Anyway, I digress.  

Flight back home was fine, but we were certainly tired by then.  My cold had come back for revenge and all I wanted was some damn Qdoba nachos.  Thanks Jake for getting me some!

So...yeah, I ate super, duper shitty the ENTIRE vacation.  And it lasted into Monday as well because I was just so tired.  I could have slept a year it felt like.  But I'm back on track and with a loss!--More on that tomorrow.

But what was the real kicker, is that Monday, I found out my mom does indeed have breast cancer.  

I previously wrote about how Cancer is a Bitch but didn't want to give my mom's identity out because not everyone in the family knew.  

Now, I've been told that if there was such a thing as a 'good' breast cancer, she's got it.  It's early, but since she's had cancer in that region before there are some complications.  We'll find more about that next week.  

Needless to say, I was upset and sort of took a break from Facebook and any other form of social media.  I even stopped pinning for a bit on Pinterest!  What, what?!?!  I know, crazy!

But, I'm bitter.  I feel like my mom was dealt a horrendous cancer card with her lung cancer and she totally beat that 15 years ago.  She should get a free pass from any future cancer.  

Obviously, it's not how it works.  And it sucks...ass...big time.

For now, everyone is remaining super positive and I know she's got this in the bag.  I think more than anything, I just don't want cancer to be hidden in some deep, dark place and spring up again a few years from now and we are back at square one.  

So yeah, that was my super fun vacation.  

What was supposed to be totally relaxing, wasn't, but if anything, I feel closer to my family and feel beyond blessed to have my child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment