Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

I'll keep the post short and sweet, after all - who isn't outside blowing up stuff today?!?

Jake and I got our workout in this morning - woot!  

I was sure glad we did it early and got it over with before it started to get hot.  There was just enough of a breeze this morning that it felt amazing and I didn't get overheated which is always a worry for me.  

I'm hoping as I lose weight and get in better shape, I won't be so susceptible to the heat.  I freaking overheat when it's cloudy and I'm in the shade sitting if it's over 95°F!  Ugh!

Anyway, here we are after we pretty much completed the workout.  My face is always red as a tomato.  Fun!



I definitely am not a runner.  Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure my 'jog' is a fast walk for some.  Oh well, I'll get there - it's not how fast I get to the end, it's the journey, right??

The great thing about working out in the morning, especially on a holiday, is that you don't feel quite so guilty when you eat a little naughty something later in the day.  We've eaten a great breakfast and lunch, so when we get our little scoop of homemade ice cream later tonight, I won't feel the need to beat myself up.

Too many times do I find myself 'cheating' and then say oh what the hell and give up, blow my food plan totally out of the water, or stop exercising the next day.  I can't think like that because honestly, that's what got me into this mess - giving up after one little fall.  Nosirreebob!  Not going to happen this time!!

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment