Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

I was born a travelin' gal!

In just a few days I am about to travel to Hotlanta!  Haha, okay, okay, Atlanta, GA.

And guess who's going with me?

Mr. Sprout!  

Well and the hubs, of course :o)

We are going to watch my husband's best friend get hitched and hopefully visit a few sites.

I'm super pumped about it.

The hubs....ehh....

He's nervous.  After all, we are traveling with a 5 1/2 month baby who could get cranky and start crying on a plane.

On a plane where you can't escape.

On a plane where everyone will look at you and point at you and laugh at you and well, you get the point.

I was once one of those childless travelers.  

I'd think "UGH!  A baby on a plane?!?!  Are they nuts!!??"

And then of course, "Shit, hope they don't sit close to me!"

So, I know as soon as Drake giggles with glee or screams for food, someone is going to roll their eyes and want to change flights ASAP.  I was totally THAT person.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry!!!
But now, I have a kid and quite frankly, will NOT let having a kid keep me at home.  Sprout has been out and about since he was about 2 weeks old and once he was 2 months old, we started going out a lot more.  I'm sure someone out there just gasped and is calling me a bad mother.  Oh well!  Your opinion!

I have a theory that the more you have your kids out and about, the more they will get used to it, understand what it's all about, blah, blah, blah.  And as they get older, it will be increasingly more FUN to go and do things!  

I have cousins in Las Vegas and they take their kids EVERYWHERE.  I want to to do that.  

Do their kids have melt downs?  Absolutely.

Do their kids make a stink over nothing?  Totally.

Didn't we all do that at some point when we were a kid?  Of course.

So I don't really fret.  If anything, I make a joke about it and carry on with taking care of my kid.

Sprout, Jake and I are headed to the South!!  Can't wait to be in Georgia and can't wait to go to what will undoubtedly be a beautiful wedding!  It's going to be a blast and I get to put my 'travel agent' skillz to work :o)

Oh and holla!  I cut my hair for those of you who don't follow me on Facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment