Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday #1

Pretty Strong Medicine

I've been dreading this post.

I've been a bad, bad girl lately.

It all started Friday when my Internet went down.  I was good and had a healthy lunch on the go - soup and half a sandwich!  Yummmmmm!

But then came dinner and the awful, sticky, "humid as balls" as my bestie says, Missouri Summer.  I was in a truck with no air conditioning and dammit I was thirsty and wanted a Coke....so that somehow meant I was going to eat McDonald's.  Ugh...

But I woke up Saturday determined to not fall back into the eating out rhythm that gets me into trouble.

I joined my friends at the zoo for several hours and believe me, I got a nice workout going up and down hills pushing a stroller.  Dang kid isn't even 6 months and he's heavy!


What a face!

At the Seal Exhibit - too cool!

Packed a nice lunch and I did indulge in some Dip 'N Dots, but it maybe amounted to a scoop of ice cream.  It was a nice treat since I was sweating buckets and hoping my friends weren't noticing.  Sigh...another reason I want to lose the weight - won't sweat so damn much!

But then came Saturday night and I was STARVING!!!  So we ate out, again.  

Then came Sunday and by golly I wasn't going to eat out and then guess what, I did.  I had Denny's withe the In-Laws.  Which was actually really nice after walking around a flea market.  But soooo not on my meal plan!

And McDonald's followed yet again.  So what I was hoping to see on the scale obviously reflected a super shitty weekend filled with nasty, greasy (omg so delicous!) food.

And because of this, I wanted to avoid writing this post.  Heck, I even avoided the blogs I follow!  Not that they know me, but I was afraid they'd figure out I was a fraud, a failure, or Lord knows what!  

But I can't avoid this blog, mirrors, pictures, and my friends forever.  So here I am in all my glory!



I look so freaking happy in those pictures!  Geesh!  It's like my cat died or something.  Note to self: SMILE!

So the one silver lining to the past week is that I have been doing my workouts.  I'm doing the Couch to 5K and just started week 3 and guess what - I jogged for a whole 3 minutes without dying.  Honestly, can't tell you how much I thought this would NOT happen.  3 minutes ain't a lot compared to me running a whole 3 miles at once,  but it's a start.

And even better!  I figured out why I was letting myself eat so poorly.  I thought I wasn't seeing any improvement on the track.  Then Monday night I reviewed my stats, I realized it was all in my head.  My walking speed has gotten much quicker and my jogging is picking up too.  I'll have to get my stats together and share.  But as soon as I found that out I was like DING-LIGHTBULB!  Thought I was failing so I sabotaged myself.  SABOTAGE!  

Ugh...

One thing I'd like to know - how to jog faster!  I really am super slow.  I'm trying so hard to not look down and maintain a good, or hell decent!, posture.  Any tips are most welcome!  

Oh and shout out to Amy @ Write this Down, Bailey @ Being Bailey J, and Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction for sponsoring Weigh-In Wednesday.  Check out their blogs and others that follow them!



No comments:

Post a Comment