Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Quarter, Quarter, Half!

I love potatoes.  I love potatoes even more with KETCHUP!  Yummmmmmmmmmm!

And guess what?  I still eat potatoes and lose weight, but I gotta like not eat ten pounds of fries and chips.  

Instead I take A potato, that's right ONE single, lonely potato and serve it to both hubs and I.  

I chop it up into cute little pieces, take a weeee bit of olive oil in a pan and saute them up with some Mrs. Dash.  

I don't believe in totally getting rid of a food, but I will say I don't eat potatoes every meal, even though I'd love to!!

So even though I want to chow down on some starchiness, I rein it in and I am trying to adhere to the quarter, quarter, half rule.

What's that you say?

Well, here's a lovely pic of last nights dinner as a perfect example!

My picture taking is kinda crappy...ugh!
So, my plate is HALF veggies (holy shit!  my mom would be so proud!), a quarter starch, and a quarter lean meat.

Now, obviously I am not a dietitian or some nutrition goddess, but this seems to work for me.  I roasted the green beans in a bit a olive oil (not a lot!), sprinkled on some salt, pepper, and garlic salt (heavy on the pepper) and tossed about half way through cooking - roughly 15 min.

The other veggies were frozen in a California Blend (whateva the heck that means), sprinkled with Spicy Mrs. Dash and tada!  Pretty tasty.  My two little potato slices were left overs and I didn't eat them really cause they tasted like poo.  Bleck!  

Gotta admit - for a reformed picky eater - I was pretty proud of that dinner and it tasted damn good.

I read somewhere that we are used to eating when we grew up with.  To change that, we have to at least eat something like 7 times before we can think of it as a staple in our diet.  So..that's my goal - change my staples.  I eat like zero fruit and that's gotta change.  CHANGE I SAY!

So yeah, that's it.  That's what I got today folks - I had one great meal that I feel was 100% healthy and that I'd be damn skippy about if my child grew up liking and eating on a regular basis.  

Here's me and Sprout now!

I'll be so happy when I don't hate photos of myself.  Sigh....


No comments:

Post a Comment