Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Distractions, Distractions - They're EVERYWHERE!

Lately I've been feeling frazzled.

Nothing seems to be organized and I don't get things done in the time I want them.

I don't always eat what I should or workout when I should.  I like my sleep dammit!  

Plus Baby Sprout has been sick...

And a million other excuses I could give, but why?

They are all DISTRACTIONS!  I could eat better, I can focus more on my work, I can find the time to organize all I want!  I'm just not following through...hell, even my damn blog seems disorganized to me!  

So...it's time.

Time to set some damn goals and stick to them.  

Here goes!

#1 - Plan your meals ahead so they are 1/2 Veggies/Fruit, 1/4 Protein and 1/4 Carb/Starch.  

Now, not EVERY meal will be like this, but dinner sure as hell needs to be reflecting this.  As I get used to it, I can start trying to change my lunch, but for now, let's start with revamping my dinner plate.

#2 - Complete Couch to 5K - Trails for Tails on September 8

I've been a pinning fool today trying to find 10 minute workouts I can do in the morning during my morning 15 minute break.  10 minutes is 10 minutes and on my non-jog/run days, it'll be a good way to keep me limber and burn an extra 100 calories.

#3 - Stop watching so much damn TV!

Now, I will say my husband and I recently did something drastic.  We canceled our satellite service.  GASSSSSP!  I know!!  But guess what - I don't miss it.  True, I do have Netflix and Hulu Plus, but I'm not sitting on Saturdays watching damn HGTV for 5 hours straight only to realize I haven't done a damn thing all day.  Believe me - not having satellite helps me to get motivated and MOVE which is what I need!

#4 - Blog at least 4 times a week.

Why is it important to blog?  Well, for one, it keeps me accountable.  Number 2, seeing people read my blogs kinda gives me something to look forward to and interested in my workouts/eating habits.  But really, it just makes this journey kinda fun!  We all need a little fun in our lives!

#5 - Do something from Pinterest and Share!

This should be easy considering just this week alone, I've done 3 things I saw/learned on Pinterest.  We'll see if I can keep up this momentum, but really, just doing one thing a week keeps me happy.  I'm ready to start making my house into a super cute home.  I feel like it's kinda mish-mashy right now.  Bleh :(

I've also added some weight loss goals too to my Blog Page.  Gotta keep myself in check and feel good when I finally hit the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment