Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Re-Start!

Well, I haven't posted anything in a long time!  Shame on me!

Life got super busy and honestly, my time was so limited that I couldn't find time to write a post.  Oh sure, I could have written something on my phone, but darn it - it's hard on that tiny screen!

Here's a little recap of what's been going on...

  • My mom is now scheduled for her mastectomy in late August.  So long as everything goes as intended, NO chemo or radiation.  Woot!
  • My mom also was in the hospital last weekend due to her COPD - that was a super crazy, wild weekend!
  • I didn't work out for nearly 3 weeks!  Shame on me!  But my back is TONS better and my nasty cough/cold has pretty much gone away.  
  • Our Dave Ramsey budget is going fabulously!!  We've paid off 2 credit cards this month.  And it's amazing to see just how much we spent on JUNK.  Absolute JUNK!!
  • Baby Sprout can now roll over from his tummy to his back and can sit up like a champ!  He's 6 months now!  How exciting!!
  • Jake has been a studying fool.  He's got final exams and last minute papers to write.  This means I help him study, become his proofreader, and help keep Drake happy so Daddy can get his school work done.  
And that pretty much brings you up to speed.  

What I am most proud about is that during that time, I've managed to NOT gain any weight and lose a couple pounds too.  I need to hop on the scale and get an official number and take some pictures!  

Oh!  And I finallllllllly worked out again.  I think I was so scared I'd be back to square one that I was avoiding my Couch to 5K program with every fiber of my being.  I am supposed to be on week 7 by now, but still on week 4.  Anyway, last night I had my parents watch Sprout so I could see how bad I was.  

I redid a day from week 3 just to kind of ease myself back into the grove of walking/jogging.  And guess what!  I didn't suck!!!  Was it still challenging?  Yes, but no more than it usually is so I was thrilled that my body didn't revert back to day one.  Tomorrow I will continue with week 4 and I'm feeling really good again.  

Stay tuned for Monday's post - I feel pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment