Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

I feel pretty!

I feel silly admitting this, but I do not feel pretty on a normal day-to-day basis?

Is this normal?  Do other women, girls, ladies feel like this?

I did, however, have a great moment while visiting Atlanta, GA a couple weeks ago. 

I had just gotten my hair chopped off and was feeling kinda antsy about it.  Of course a lot of people freaked when I mentioned I wanted to go short again, but I just knew I wanted to do it.  Plus, I'm stubborn as hell.  I get an idea in my head and I don't stop until I do it or get it.

Anyway, I love my haircut, but since my pregnancy my hair has gotten a ten time more curly!  So if I don't actually take the time to style my short hair, I kinda look like a lunatic.  No joke there.  I really do look crazy - like bad 70's hair or some shit.  Also, the curly-short hair look reminds me of old-lady hair.  I.DO.NOT.WANT.OLD.LADY.HAIR!!!!!

But something happened on that magical Saturday getting ready for the wedding.  I put styling mousse in my hair that morning, it got a little wavy, but not in a little, old lady kind of way.  Before the wedding I straightened it and slapped on a little eye makeup and lip gloss and guess what.

I felt PRETTY!


I was messing around with Sprout at the wedding and took a selfie and was like WHO WAS THAT?!?!  

I, for once in my life, looked put together.  And I did it all by myself.  No one did it for me.  I felt younger and I felt GOOD.  

So then I was all like whoa--I better take more pictures in case this doesn't happen again!!

We went to the wedding photo booth.

Thank HNM Photo - https://www.facebook.com/HnmPhotobooths
I love the second picture of me from the photo booth.  It pretty much sums up how I felt that night.

Today, as I'm writing this, feel pretty again.  I've recreated the hair do and my skin looks glowing!

NOTE:  I AM NOT PREGNANT.  Just because a woman's skin glows, does NOT immediately mean she's carrying a baby.  

I swear that since I've started working out way back in June, my skin is infinitely better.  I guess I am drinking more water and that's helping AND the fact that I am not chomping down on McNuggets 24/7.  It's seriously night and day.  

I'm so excited to be on the weight loss path again.  Do you ever notice how much YOUNGER a person looks when they lose weight?  It's like it shed the years off them too!  Not that I feel I look old, but I want to look youthful and not like a couch potato.  I want to continue this 'I feel pretty' phase.  

So ladies (and gents, I suppose too), do you feel pretty today?  If not, why?  For me, it's always been about my hair.  I swear in high school, I would have been a foxy lady if I'd just gotten a decent hair cut and someone would have taught me how to actually style it.  I'm so going to find some high school pics and scan them for you this week.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment